Honor yourself this Summer Solstice.
This Sunday, June 21st is the Summer Solstice. For many the solstice brings up images of witches or pagans worshipping the sun. Thanks to science we now understand that the solstice is caused by the Earth axis tipping toward the sun.
Historically the Summer Solstice is about fulfillment. Take some time to check in with yourself and determine if you are making progress toward your goals. It is an opportunity to track how well you are doing in relation to where you want to be. Are you happy in life? Do you feel fulfilled? Are you content? Do you feel at peace?
The solstice is an opportunity to reinvigorate yourself and your goals or your resolutions:
Are you satisfied with your job?
If your job does not bring you happiness or contentment, start looking for a new one.
- Brush up your résumé
- Take a class
- Maybe you need more experience, volunteer or apply for internship
Are you happy with your diet and exercise?
- Try a new fruit or vegetable
- Find a workout buddy
- Visit a farmers market
Do you still like your clothes?
- Do your clothes represent who you were or who you would like to be?
- Now may be a great time to toss the stuff you no longer wear (And by toss, I mean donate). Here are some great charity ideas: local domestic shelter, local homeless shelter, Goodwill etc.
- It does not take much to overhaul your wardrobe.
Do you need some inner healing?
Now is a great time to try a new healing technique (and there are many great ones out there)
- Massage therapy
- Acupuncture/ Acupressure
How are you feeling about your appearance?
Sometimes we get busy and fall into ruts. Maybe you would like to shake things up:
- A new hair style
- A new hair color
- Maybe new makeup or fingernail polish colors
- Maybe you want to add, change, or get rid of facial or body hair.
Other ways to reconnect with yourself:
- Start a gratitude journal. Keep track of all of the good things in your life because they are easy to forget.
- Take the 100 days of happiness photo journal challenge
- Sit outside and read a book or listen to your iPod. A backyard, at the beach, a local park, by the pool, etc
- Gardening is a great way to reconnect with yourself and the world around you.
- Unplug from all the gadgets and enjoy a bonfire
The ideas are endless. Do not get bogged down in all of the choices! Just pick something and do it.
Your life awaits!